How to make a traditional origami star box
This beautiful box is perfect for placing snacks or storing trinkets and jewellery. This box looks very festive. At Christmas, you can show nuts or chocolates. On Easter, you can put in mini Easter eggs, but this box is beautiful all year round.
All you need is a square piece of paper, we use 20 x 20 cm of monochromatic paper. This origami model is a traditional Japanese design for beginners who have already learned some basic models (such as a folding carton box).
This box starts with origami square bottom paper, so you might want to learn the creases of 12 origami papers here.
First make an origami square base.
1. Starting from the white side, fold the paper from left to right and top to bottom.
Turn the paper over.
2. Fold the paper in half diagonally.
3. Now you can pick up the paper, fold it in half, and fold the diagonal into the center.
4. Invert from the bottom of the square so that the flaps are at the top.
5. Fold the right edge to the middle crease.
6. Repeat on the left side.
7. Open the right-folding flap that has just been folded and flatten it as shown in 9.
8. Repeat on the left side.
9. Flatten the right side of the flat flap.
10. Repeat on the left side.
11. Now repeat the process on the other side of the model.
12. You should have this now.
13. Fold the bottom up.
14. Unfold the previous fold.
15. Fold down one layer.
16. Repeat the last step on the other 3 sides.
17. You should have this
18. Pull the bezel and carefully open the box.
19. Push the bottom up and straighten the bottom edge.
You should have a beautiful origami star box now