How to Make an Origami Crow for Halloween
Learn how to make a simple traditional origami crow. This origami bird can also be a crow, a black bird or other type of bird. The advantage of this origami bird is how it stands.
This origami crow is the perfect decoration for Halloween! You can also decorate Halloween cards with this little origami bird.
For this traditional origami crow, you need a square paper (preferably black on both sides).
1. If there is white paper, please put the paper face up first, but if you use paper with the same color on both sides,
2. This origami crow works best.
3. Fold and unfold the paper from left to right, then fold it in half and expand it from top to bottom.
4. Turn the paper over to the other side.
5. Fold the paper in half in two directions. You will leave an X on the paper.
6. Turn the paper back to the other side.
7. Place the left and right corners in the middle.
8. The highest point will be folded down at the top.
9. This should be what you have. This is called the "square bottom" or "preliminary bottom" of the origami.
10. Starting with the origami square base, you will continue to create the Origami Bird Base.
11. Fold the lower left and lower right corners to the center crease as shown.
12. Next, fold the top down to the top.
13, expand the side, this is what you should have.
14. Now, you will reverse the left and right creases you just made.
15. Open the lower part and reverse the crease so that the bottom point is up.
16. Now your paper should look like the first photo in the group above.
17. Repeat the process on the other side. This is the complete origami bird base.
18. Fold the two bottom points toward the central horizontal crease. These will form the legs.
19. Fold them down and fold them to the opposite sides.
20. Expand the final step and fold the foot backwards.
21. Your paper should look like the second photo in the group above.
22. Flip the top of the "foot" down.
23. Repeat the last few steps on the other "foot".
24. Fold the top down.
25. Flip the model from left to right to the other side.
26. Fold the model in half. Your photo should look like the first photo in the bottom line of the photo above.
27. Fold the "head" down to the right angle.
28. Open the top and fold over there.
29. Now, your traditional origami crow is complete.
As long as there is space in the tail, you can stand him up on the ledge! If you are looking for more origami birds, you can also make an albatross or a dove of peace. These can be used very well as decorations, for fun little gifts for friends or family or for decoration on greeting cards.